Generosity is the act of giving without expectations of anything in return. Being generous means you have to be selfless and have no self-serving motive.
Generosity is not just confined to the giving of materialistic things, but also kindness and help. It’s the epitome of generosity when kindness and empathy is gifted to those in need. When you help others without wanting anything in return, it’s not only the sign of your kindness, but also your sense of giving and selflessness.
The quotes we have gathered here is to inspire you to do good things for others, because the act of giving itself is the best gift for your soul!
53 Quotes About Generosity to Inspire You to Keep On Giving
1. “That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing.”
– Simone de Beauvoir.
2. “He who gives what he would as readily throw away, gives without generosity; for the essence of generosity is in self-sacrifice.”
– Henry Taylor.
3.”It takes generosity to discover the whole through others. If you realize you are only a violin, you can open yourself up to the world by playing your role in the concert.”
– Jacques Yves Cousteau.
4. “In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.”
– Elizabeth Gilbert.
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
– Ronald Reagan.
Check out awesome quotes at: https://bitly.com.vn/ao2lf1
6. “Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.”
– Simone Weil.
7. “Goodness is about character – integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people.”
– Dennis Prager.
8. “The most truly generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward.”
– Carol Ryrie Brink.
9. “In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives.”
– Elizabeth Gilbert.
10. “No one has ever become poor by giving.”
– Anne Frank.
11. “Generosity could be as contagious as the zombie plague as long as enough people were willing to be carriers.”
– Jonathan Maberry.
12. “Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.”
– Albert Camus.
13. “True generosity consists precisely in fighting to destroy the causes which nourish false charity.”
– Paulo Freire.
14. “Money is but one venue for generosity. Kindness is an even more valuable currency.”
– Alan Cohen.
15. “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.”
– Mother Teresa.
“True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations.”
– Suze Orman.
17. “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.”
– Kahlil Gibran.
18. “Sustainability, ensuring the future of life on Earth, is an infinite game, the endless expression of generosity on behalf of all.”
– Paul Hawken.
19. “Make generosity part of your growth strategy.”
– Danielle LaPorte.
20. “You make all kinds of mistakes, but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce, you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her.”
– Winston Churchill.
21. “Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.”
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
22. “The greatest gift you ever give is your honest self.”
– Fred Rogers.
23. “Real generosity is anonymous to the extent that a man should be prepared even to be considered ungenerous rather than explain it to others.”
– Idries Shah.
24. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”
– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
25. “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
– John Bunyan.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
– Winston Churchill.
27. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”
– Kahlil Gibran.
28. “The miracle is this: the more we share the more we have.”
– Leonard Nimoy.
29. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.”
– Muhammad Ali.
30. “For it is in giving that we receive.”
– Francis of Assisi.
31. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'”
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
32. “Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.”
– Tony Robbins.
33. “If you haven’t got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.”
– Bob Hope.
34. “Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.”
– Benjamin Carson.
35. “Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.”
– Frank A. Clark.
“Virtues, like viruses, have their seasons of contagion. When catastrophe strikes, generosity spikes like a fever.”
– Nancy Gibbs.
37. “Generosity is the most natural outward expression of an inner attitude of compassion and loving-kindness.”
– Dalai Lama.
38. “Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have.”
– Jim Rohn
39. “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.”
– Maya Angelou.
40.” If truth doesn’t set you free, generosity of spirit will.”
– Katerina Stoykova Klemer.
41. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.”
– Billy Graham.
42. “You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson.
43. “Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.”
– Brian Tracy
44. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.”
– Barbara De Angelis.
“Minds, nevertheless, are not conquered by arms, but by love and generosity.”
– Baruch Spinoza.
46. “Unless we think of others and do something for them, we miss one of the greatest sources of happiness.”
– Ray Lyman Wilbur.
47. “Humanity is the virtue of a woman, generosity that of a man.”
– Adam Smith.
48. “Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else’s life forever.”
– Margaret Cho.
49. “Gentleness, self-sacrifice and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
50. “Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish.”
– Richard Dawkins.
51. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
52. “Be a little kinder than you have to.”
– E. Lockhart
53. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”
– Lao Tzu.
54. “Lose yourself in generous service and every day can be a most unusual day, a triumphant day, an abundantly rewarding day!”
– William Arthur Ward.
For more amazing quotes, check out Here