You know what they say: the shortest way to one’s heart is through food! Food is never overrated, it is love and it is life. But seriously though, life would be so much duller without good food. We don’t only eat to survive, but the act of enjoying food itself makes life just that much better.
From family dinners to sharing food with friends, food is one of the best ways to bring people together. It is also a great way to share and learn stories and cultures.
As Christmas is drawing near and we shall need a big appetite to gobble down that hearty feast, the mood for food is stronger than ever.
So here are 31+ quotes to feed your craving and hopefully, get you in the holiday celebration mood!
31+ Food Quotes to Prep You for Your Big Christmas Dinner
1. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
– J.R.R. Tolkien
2. One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
– Virgina Woolf
3. There is no love sincerer than the love of food.
– George Bernard Shaw
4. Food is not rational. Food is culture, habit, craving, and identity.
– Jonathan Sofran Foer
5. To me, food is as much about the moment, the occasion, the location and the company as it is about the taste.
– Heston Blumenthal
Check out awesome quotes at: https://bitly.com.vn/ao2lf1
6. I realized very early the power of food to evoke memory, to bring people together, to transport you to other places, and I wanted to be a part of that.
– José Andrés Puerta
7. Well, food’s always the way to anybody’s heart, I think, guy or girl.
– Josh Hutcherson
8. Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
9. Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.
– Alan D. Wolfet
10. Ice cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal.
11. If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.
– Mother Teresa
12. You can’t just eat good food. You’ve got to talk about it too. And you’ve got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food.
– Kurt Vonnegut
13. Large, naked, raw carrots are acceptable as food only to those who live in hutches eagerly awaiting Easter.
– Fran Lebowitz
14. Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.
– Jo Brand
15. Sometimes you have to move paste things, and the best way to do that is by sharinng your life with people over food.
– Andrew Zimmern, The Zimmern List
16. My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order.
– Dolly Parton
17. Food is the most primitive form of comfort.
– Sheila Graham
18. The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love and death.
– E.M. Forster
19. Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul.
– Dorothy Day
20. Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.
– Ludwig van Beethoven
21. If your mother cooks Italian food, why should you go to a restaurant?
– Martin Scorcese
22. Food is the moral right of all who are born into this world.
– Norman Borlaug
23. Food is our common ground, a universal experience.
– James Beard
24. Food may be essential as fuel for the body, but good food is fuel for the soul.
– Malcom Forbes
25. Laughter is brightest in the place where food is.
– Irish Proverb
26. Never be a food snob. Learn from everyone you meet: the fish guy at your market, the lady at the local diner, farmers, cheese makers. Ask questions, try everything and eat up!
– Rachael Ray
27. Good food and a warm kitchen is what makes a house a home.
– Rachael Ray
28. It’s a food of love thing, baby.
– Emeril Lagasse
29. A party without cake is just a meeting.
– Julia Child
30. Food for us comes from our relatives, whether they have wings or fins or roots. That is how we consider food. Food has a culture. It has a history. It has a story. It has relationships.
– Winona LaDuke
31. Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.
– Sofia Loren
For more life advice, check out Here